Building families is our privilege. Every year we serve couples and individuals from our Islands and all over the world. As Hawaii's only locally-founded, full-service surrogacy agency, we are proud to support you on your journey.
Although it is your choice in how deeply you engage with us, we’ve formed many lifelong bonds with our surrogates and intended parents. We go to baby showers, we’re there for the birth, first birthdays and more. We are passionate about our work and care for you like family.
Andrea Hoshmand McAfee
- Founder & Director
- Andrea founded Hawaii Surrogacy in 2008 to meet the need for gestational carriers on Oahu and neighboring islands. Many local families were going to the mainland for services, leading to expensive and impersonal surrogacy journeys. Over ten years, Andrea established strong working relationships with every fertility clinic in Hawaii, as well as nationally and internationally renowned legal professionals specializing in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART).
- Most importantly, she feels honored that so many Intended Parents have trusted her agency to help complete their families. You will often find Andrea chatting at all hours with parents from Ewa Beach, Kahului, Seattle or even Sydney, Australia. She loves providing as much information as possible to clients (with a side of humor) so that they can feel confident about their investment in the surrogacy process.
- Andrea is a graduate of Punahou School, Questrom School of Business at Boston University, and Maryland School of Public Policy. She is married to an Army veteran and has two children.
- Case Management
- Rebekah helps Intended Parents and Surrogates through the application process and have a great start to their surrogacy journey. She is a 2x gestational carrier and wonderful addition to our team.
Rebekah spent her whole life in central Arkansas until meeting her husband at 17 and moving to Georgia. She has lived and traveled all over the United States. Over ten years of marriage has brought her family 3 wonderful children and 2 fur babies, a cat and a dog, who literally fight like cats and dogs! Don’t be surprised if you find her sporting a pair of Mickey ears, as all things Disney, Harry Potter and Star Wars are her favorite pastime!
Rebekah’s passion for growing families and love for supporting Intended parents and gestational carriers has brought her to the agency to continue doing what she loves most!
- Surrogate Screening
- Casandra is our screening coordinator, a former gestational surrogate, and mother of 3 amazing boys. She was born and raised in California, but has been on some pretty amazing adventures while following her husband's Army career. She has lived in Germany, North Carolina, and now beautiful Hawaii. She become a surrogate with Hawaii Surrogacy shortly after moving to Hawaii in 2020 and got to help bring a precious little boy into the world for an amazing local couple. Casandra knew she still wanted to be involved in the wonderful world of surrogacy and babies in general. So she started working towards her certifications as a labor and postpartum doula, along with helping screen prospective gestational carriers for Hawaii Surrogacy.
- Case Management
- Kendra splits her time between in Northern California and the Big Island. She is married with a son and a daughter, and two dogs. She has been a surrogate herself and delivered a healthy set of identical twin boys. Kendra holds a BA in Psychology with an emphasis in Women's Studies. She has completed her doula training and is trained as a birth doula and as a post partum doula. Kendra loves spending time with her family and their dogs, going to the beach, surfing, camping and cooking! Our surrogates that reside in Oregon, California and Washington are blessed to be supported by Kendra through their entire journey.
- Program Coordination
- Breyonna heads up our program coordination efforts, making sure that Intended Parents and Surrogates take full advantage of all the special supports that we provide - from insurance billing and escrow management, to financial counseling, health coaching and therapeutic supports. This Midwest transplant is married to a local boy. When not guiding IPs and surrogates, you’ll find her on the sidelines cheering at her kids soccer games. We love her “can do” attitude and fabulous sense of humor. Truly, nothing phases Breyonna, but what else would you expect from a mama of four?
- Health Coaching
- Christy provides health coaching to our gestational carriers throughout their surrogacy journey. From pre-transfer to postpartum recovery, she shares her knowledge of nutrition and mindfulness with our surrogates. Christy is a busy mom, health coach and founder of Dish You Well Health Coaching. Her passion for food started at a young age with cooking, creating recipes and of course eating. Christy never paid attention to, or even really valued the importance of proper nutrition until she was in her mid-20s. It was then that she experienced a weak immune system, anxiety, mood swings, digestive issues and PCOS. Her body was begging her to open her eyes and become aware of the changes that needed to be made. Fast forward 14 years later, zero signs of PCOS in sight, cycle is regular, anxiety still surfaces, but not nearly as much. Hers has been a journey filled with lots of small changes over the years. Eventually, Christy enrolled in the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute Master Health Coach Certification. It is her true passion to help others live a full, healthy, happy life.
- Social Media Manager
- Prizzilla was born and raised in Southern California with her four siblings until she enlisted in the Army after high school. She left the Army after starting her family and dedicated her life to being a stay at home mom to her two kids. Prizzilla and her husband decided to stop having children of their own, and after seeing Coordinator Nisha share her own surrogacy story, she decided to become a surrogate herself. She enjoys sharing her surrogacy experience through social media channels with those curious about becoming a surrogate or surrogacy in general.
- Community Engagement
- Chelsea spearheads our local community engagement efforts. She's lived on the island of Oahu with her husband and two fur babies for 3 years. She has valuable experience within the surrogacy sphere having previously worked for a large, national surrogacy agency. She also held a number of customer service, sales and small business development roles. In her free-time you can find her hiking, surfing, binging the newest true crime podcast, or spending time with loved ones.